Sunday, November 7, 2021

Lindgren Family - Florence Christina Lindgren - 6 January 1974


 Sunday - 1 PM - 1/6/73 74

Dear Anne and all -

Am finally getting settled down after all the holidays, etc. It has been raining since last Friday - and snowing not too far away - such as Beaumont (people caught in it on way to Palm Springs for a couple of days and sleeping in churches, etc.). Lancaster, Saugus, etc. I have not been hiking since Thurs. a.m. as we really have had a great deal of rain. Have been looking for a break to sneak up to the hills but prospects seem nil. So will take the opportunity write some overdue letters and you  will be #1.

I am delighted with the pictures of the handsome young men in the Christmas card Your mom brought them to Linea's on Fri. eve., Dec 28th - so I grabbed them to show everyone p resent -  then I received my very own the next day or so. We had a nice dinner at Linea's with Gurly, Joan, Stevie and Bob, then your Mom, Karen and Dennis. They all had drinks downstairs at the bar, then a very nice dinner with baked ham - and a nice dessert of Baskin-Robbins ice cream balls of choco-mint, rolled in cocanut and little candles atop.

We all had Christmas eve at Gurly's - she had other relatives there too - and I think a total of 18 at that group. Gurly had a great Smorgasboard. I hike every day - the 5mi. route, including Christmas and N.Y.'s. The trail is very sloppy in this rainy weather so have skipped these past few days, but no matter the weather, go for a swim in the Glendale YW. We are expecting a new storm (so called here) tonight but will swim in the a.m. at 9. I prefer to hike before the swim but now with the daylight saving time will be on the trail before daylight and prob on top of Mr. Hollywood before sunrise. With this much rain will have to look out for the big washouts where I could stumble in the dark. So will make it in daylight first to see how things are after the rains. 2 that case, hike after swim.
Your Mom had sent a check payable to the "Instersection" so while I would have been happy to pay for the record she did the honors. It was $6, plus, including the mail. I don't know the exact amount. Speaking of dancing I saw this in a a motor club mag. "Hula dancers have it easy. All they have to do is stand around and twiddle their tums." I see the Y in Glendale has Belly Dancing class - 13 lessons for $26. They have advanced, intermed, and beginner. I note they have five classes per week - three on Wed. and two on Mon.

I have started in another swimming class on Thurs. at 10:00 AM - so I go on the hike first. This is a nice group (only 4). The pool is 75'X35" - 7 lanes. We are supposed to arrive 15-20 min. early [class starts at 5-?]  and do 18 lengths. I would like to do all with crawl, but my breathing is not that good so change off between front crawl, back crawl, sidestroke and breastroke - then if I really want a rest I do the elementary backstroke. The surgeon says swimming is great for anyone and he thinks the hiking is fine, too.  Apparently I got along better than most he has attended - as maybe I told you the last time I was in he said to the nurse - "she should show the others how to do it." Well, the thing is I had absolutely no problems - lucky! Have to go back in Mar. and then every 6 mos. for a checkup.

I am interested to know where you are working Anne. You have said so many nice things about your boss - but never did tell me about this job - kind of co., what you do, how you found it, etc. The last I knew about details of your job was the prior you.
                So let me know - am interested and happy for you that it suits you so well.  [nothing further noted]

©All rights reserved by Pathways in Genealogy. 2018 - 2022. No part of this website/blog may be reproduced without the express written permission from the owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment