Saturday, November 27, 2021

Clark Family - Joseph Clark 1968 letter

 

This is a letter given to me by my sister-in-law, Karen Louise Lindgren Bradford, after the death of her mother Helen Louise Clarke Lindgren. This letter reads:

My dear Helen:     March 13 1968

     Spring is busting out all over up here. I even did a little spading in the garden today and it didn't effect the breathing to much, I think I shall try and do a little each day as I can see how much advantage there is in laying off of cigarettes. In fact there is no point in smoking and I can get up from the table now without thinking of one. Since the day left here for your place I had averaged less than 4 per day.
     This 54.62 amount just brings the check book in and even balance. Course the bank charge for the month will unbalance the even money.
     We have had a nice rain - much needed -. The humidity has been running around 80s& 90s so the air cooler has been running quite a bit which runs up both the electric bill and the gas. Gas 14.17 electric 8.62 last month but the bill for this month is only 13.04 and this call to you this evening will likely be the only long distance call this month.
     This isn't much of a letter but it is quite a bit more than what I get from you. Love you even if you never write    Bud

[Back of letter]
One thing I did find out lately is that the family name is really CLARK no E - Mother told me that Dad had tacked an I on when he came home from Normal School
To: Our Great Grand father migrated from Virginia to Indiana before the Civil War. Evidentaly the farm he had, had a grove of maple trees as one of Dads earliest recollections is being on it when they were making maple syrup about 1880.
     The dope Winnie brot home about Captain George Schaffer is the first I heard about him. I suppose he was in the Union Army. In what department?
Bud                         
©All rights reserved by Pathways in Genealogy. 2018 - 2025. No part of this website/blog may be reproduced without the express written permission from the owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment