Saturday, December 4, 2021

Clarke Family - William Clark - Page 1 - Probate Records - Will

I found this will on 5 December 2021 at Ancestry.com. The collection was Virginia, U.S., Wills and Probate Records, 1652 - 1900. The record was originated in Culpeper County, Virginia,[Colonial Colony].





















This is the Will for William Clark [nmn] of the above county. This reads as:

WM Clarks
    Will        
    In the name of god amen William Clark of the County of Culpeper Being old and weak but of    Perfect [?] and Memory Knowing the Certainty of Death and the Uncertainty of the time do make this my Last Will and Testament in his name [?]. First I give unto my son Joseph Clark all the Land [?] I bequeth to [?] I now live to him and his heirs [?]. Then I give to my son George Clark a Negro boy Named Moses to him and his heirs forever but if he should die without heirs [?] begotten of his Boddy then the said Negro Boy should be equally quartered divided between my three heirs Reuben Clark Recs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
276
Robert Clark, Ambrose Clark and my Daughter Sarah Clark to their heirs Do.
Item, I give to my daughter Sarah Clark one Negro Girl nown by the name of Nan and one Feather Bed and Furniture.
Item I give to wife one Negro Woman named Negros Hannah Rachel, and George to be Equally Divided between my three sons Robert, Ambrose and Larkin and any [De???] that at the division of the above Negro's that they pay to my Daughter Lucy Beck Five pounds and to my daughter Ann Griffen Ten pounds and my [Cousin?] is shall sell my stock Furniture and plantation utensils shall be Equally divided between my Four sons [?] , Robert, Ambrose and Larken.
I Constitute and approve my sons Reuben and Joseph Clark Executors of this my Last will and testament [?]. all ;other wills by me heretofore made Ratifying and Confirming this my Last will and testament in [?] whereof. I do set my hand and seal this twentieth Day of October 1787
Witness                                          mark
Louis Connar                 William + Clark  (L;S)                 
Robert Tirrell                                   his
Thomas Hughes
James Jones


At about held for Culpeper County December 17th 1781
     This Last will and Testament of William Clark Decd was Exhibited to the Court by Reuben clark and Joseph Clark the Executors therein named and was proved by the Oaths of Lewis Conner, Thomas Hughes & James Jones. Three of the witnesess thereto & ordered to be Recorded, and on the Motion of the Executors Certificate is granted them for obtaining aproval thereof in our form, they having made oath thereto and given bond & security according to Law.    Clark [?] and select of the said Decedant [?] in to Court and agreed to abide by the provision made for her in her Husbands will,
Teste
                                    John Sampson  [?]
                                               

©All rights reserved by Pathways in Genealogy. 2018 - 2025. No part of this website/blog may be reproduced without the express written permission from the owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment