Saturday, December 4, 2021

Clarke Family - William Clark - page 2 - Probate records - Will

 276


Robert Clark, Ambrose Clark and My daughter Sarah Clark to them theirs do.

Item I give to my Daughter Sarah Clark one Negro Girl nown by the name of Nan and one feather bed and [?].

Item. I give to wife one Negro woman, named Hannah, a Bushel and [?], and the Residue of my Estate during her natural Life and at her death the above named Negro Hannah, Rachel and George to be Equally Divided between my three sons, Robert, Ambrose and Larkin and my Desire is that at the [?] of the above Negro's that they pay to my Daugter Lucy Buck Five pounds and to my Daughter Ann Griffin Ten pounds and my [cousin] is that all my stock, Furniture, and Plantation utensils shall be Equally Divided my four sons Reuben, Robert, Ambrose and Larken.

I Constitute and [assign] my sons Reuben and Joseph my Executors is this my Last Will and Testament Revoking all other wills by me heretofor and do Recertifying and Confirming this is my Last will and testament in [?]  whereof I do set my hand and seal this twentieth Day of October 1787-

Witness                                          mark
Louis Connor                                   William        t        Clark {LxS}
Robert Tornell                                       his
Thomas Hughes
James Jones
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Al abound held for Culpeper County December 17th [?]
     This Last will and Testament of William Clark Decd was Exhibited to the Court by Reuben Clark and Joseph Clark the Executors therein named and was proved by the oaths of Louis Cannen, Thomas Hughes & James Jones These of the witnesses thereto & Ordered to be Recorded, and on the Motion of the Executors Certificate is granted them for obtaining [?] thereof in Our found, they having made Oath theredo and Given bond & [?] according to Law.        Clark [?] and  [?] of the said Decedant [?] in to Correct and agreed to abide by the provision made for her in her Husbands will.
Judge
John Jameson (8[th] Curt               


©All rights reserved by Pathways in Genealogy. 2018 - 2025. No part of this website/blog may be reproduced without the express written permission from the owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment