Friday, August 9, 2019

Lindgren Family - Florie Lindgren First Family Letter - page 3



Most of my memories of later in life - maybe in high school - I don't like to have favorites but guess we all do, and Carl was mine.

I think it is so nice to have the evening of the 21st set aside as you intend to do. I read that part of the letter to the girls in the office - one has two children 5 and 7, and she said she was so glad to hear of the idea.
____
I have not been to Anaheim since return of the travelers - just talked to them on the phone. I will get down in the next week or so. Brian called the other night and wanted to go to Dodger game but I have been baby sitting my hiking partner (German friend - the Shepherd); also the cat, while family away in Montana for two weeks. The young girl, Cheryl, who owns the dog was married; so I fulfilled hhis post as a labor of love - they offered to pay me but only love would be the medium in that case. I just got home Sun. night. I know the dog liked my company and we did lots of hiking - at night.

Am so happy John is doing well - I can understand why he attracts so many people - prospective employers, friends, girls (?), ect. I know what an impression he would make on my boss.

I don't plan to go back to work - tho it will seem mighty funny as I have practically worked since I was 18 and that is almost crowding 50 yrs - 47 to be exact.

I have a trust fund and think I can get it at $350 per mo. Then I will have my social sec. On the trust fund I will have to pay income tax as xxxx I have not contributed anything to it. The trust fund should last me 15 yrs - that is payout until it is used up.

I love the picture of the boys and John. Passed that around the office too.

Harry finally sold his house and it went thru escrow Aug. 19th. A couple about xx 35  bought it. The man is Industrial Designer for Lowry's and he is really doing the place all over. Paid $50,000, and Harry is glad to have it off his hands. Harry still had $33,000 loan on it. The house was almost paid for when he and Inez made a $40,000 loan against it and invested inapt. house - this was poor investment and he immediatly lost $20,000 on resale. His taxes were $1650 per yr and now have gone up another $100. So you can believe he is happy to unload it.

I will be with you on the 21st. especially, but love you dearly all the time. I read my Unity every morning and sometimes carry it to work; so you knw how much I appreciate it.
Florie xxxooo
3.
[Left side] Harry is hoping to get a call now to go to sea again - the longshoremen's strike has put his line in a bad way. He would like to ship off E. coast so as to go to Europe. A physicist friend of his, Dr. Lauriston Marshall, that we have know from way back as "Larry" flew into town and dropped in here - he had flown down from SF in a Lear jet.

[Right side]with Bill Lear, a personal friend (another genius) in a million dollar xxx plane. I went to dinner with them - what distinguished company - no Bill Lear along - Harry and Larry, but that was sufficient!

©All rights reserved by Pathways in Genealogy. 2018 - 2023. No part of this website/blog may be reproduced without the express written permission from the owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment