Saturday, November 28, 2020

Cornthwaite Family - Francis Cornthwaite Will - page 1

I found this copy of Francis Cornthwaite's will in FamilySearch.org, on the 27th of November 2020. The film # is 107098185. The will starts at the middle of the page 175 or image 203 of 640.

Francis Cornthwaite, decd. Will May 1, 1867

     I, Francis Cornthwaite, of Butler County, Ohio, being in feeble health, but of Sound mind and memory, do make, publish and declare this my last will and Testament.
     First, I direct that my Executor hereafter named shall, as soon after my death as possible, pay all just debts that I may be owing at my death.
     Second. I give and bequeath to my beloved wife Margaret Cornthwaite just what the law of the State of Ohio will give her, as my widow, at my death, believing that the Same will be ample to Support her comfortably during her life.
     Third - I give and bequeath to my grand daughter, Mary Jane Cass, Four hundred dollars, and direct my Executors herein after named to pay the Same to her as Soon as they conveniently can, after my death; this [?] devised to her to be her full share of my Estate.
     Fourth. I give and bequeath to my sons William H. Cornthwaite, Francis Cornthwaite and Augustus Cornthwaite, each the sum of One hundred dollars, this is to make them equal with my other children, as I have given my other children each the sum of One hundred dollars, and I direct my Executors hereinafter named to pay Said Sums to my Said Sons, William H., Francis and Augustus out of the first money that may come into their hands as Executors after my death.
     Fifth - I do hereby nominate and appoint my Sons Thomas Cornthwaite and Francis Cornthwaite, to be the Executors of this my last Will and Testament.
      Sixth. I give and devise all my Real and Personal Estate of whatever nature or Kind, and wherever the Same may be Situated at my death, to Thomas Cornthwaite and Francis Cornthwaite, the Executors of this my last Will and.
     

 


©All rights reserved by Pathways in Genealogy. 2018 - 2021. No part of this website/blog may be reproduced without the express written permission from the owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment