Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Clarke Family - D. W. Clarke Letter - 24 September 1898

 ALBANY, MI
SEP
24 7 AM
1898
REC'D.

Mrs. D.W. Clarke
Albany Mo.
C/O G.H.B. Williams



Ellinwood, Kans.
Monday 11-40 AM.
Dearest Sweetheart,
     I have just got here and met one of the Hammer boys. they let the water out of the engine and tanks some time ago- before it got cold enough to hurt anything. I have ordered a can and will try to load as soon as it comes. Is is very muddy now and I expect it will be Wednesday before I can load.
     Don't be uneasy about me-

I think I can take care of myself. Go to Shawnee Thursday I will be there is I possibly can - Have your teeth fixed anyhow and give a check on date bank if he has to have his money. Sign my name by you.
     I believe this is all so I will close. from your friend,
     Dan.
P.S. It was too cold to ride the hog.


Albany, MO.
SEP
24
7 AM
1898
REC'D




©All rights reserved by Pathways in Genealogy. 2018 - 2022. No part of this website/blog may be reproduced without the express written permission from the owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment