Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Lindgren Family - Naming Children

 From Aunt Karen:

"Mom [Helen Louise] was named by her brother, They were his 2 girlfriends at the time. Mom's mother or father wanted to name her Lucretia or something similarly awful."

According to Karen all of the Karl and Christine Lindgren children's middle names were from their friends.

Karen almost was "Carlina" to be named after her father.

Andrew Karl Lindgren, was named after his Dad, Grandfather and great Grandfather Karl. Andrew was on both of our list of names. Since that time, I have found numerous Andreas in the Jarl-Winch family. Maybe it was just meant to be.

Robert was named after 2 women. The first was my grandmother Lenoir Leonard Triplett. She went by the name "Bobbie" hence Robert. Clarke was from Brian's mother's maiden name which was Clarke.

I was named after both of my parents - My Dad was Myron, so I got the feminine form. My mother's middle name was Lee, which became my middle name.

My mother was named after Aunt Fred's best friend, hence "Lorna Lee".

My father was named after his father Cecil Erwin Winch. I do not know where the name "Myron" came from, but his middle name "Erwin" was after his father.

©All rights reserved by Pathways in Genealogy. 2018 - 2023. No part of this website/blog may be reproduced without the express written permission from the owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment